top of page

Welcome to the School Counseling Department!

Below we have the most requested sections asked at the School Counseling Department for your convenience. Please read through these before asking your school counselor.   


On this page you will see help for:

Service Learning Hours

Work Permits

Address Correction


MVA Learner Permit



Service Learning Hours

All high school students in the state of Maryland must complete and submit at least 75 hours of service learning. Submit completed documents (pre-approval form, typed preparation form, typed reflection form, student service hours record card, and student evaluation form) to Ms. Marcano, Service Learning Coordinator, in the Counseling Office. Please see the attached “BCC Service Learning handbook” for information and necessary documents.

For any questions on service learning hours, Ms. Marcano can be reached at 410-396-7130.



Work Permits

Minors 14 through 17 years of age may only work with a work permit. Counselors no longer approve of work permits. Instead, students complete the work permit application online at, and submit the completed form directly to your employer. Please see the attached the attached “Minor Work Permit Fact Sheet” for details.



Address Correction Form

 Has your family moved recently? Is your student’s address up-to-date? Did you know that your student’s mailing address appears on his/her quarterly progress reports and report cards? Please submit the “Change of Address Form” (see attachment below) along with two (2) proofs of residency to the registrar or your student’s counselor.




Transcript Request and/or Education Verification

City Alumni in the Classes of 1997 to 2015 only- To request a transcript, please complete the “Transcript Request 1997-2015” form (see attachment below) and submit to the "ATTN of Registrar" via fax at 410-243-0669. 

City Alumni in the Classes of 1996 and prior must submit a request through the Office of Student Records. Please visit their website at for more information, or contact the Office of Student Records below. 


Office of Student Records - Room 115

200 E. North Avenue

Baltimore, MD 21202


Phone:  443-984-2000




 MVA Learner’s Permit Verification

 Maryland State Law requires all applicants for a learner’s permit, under the age of 16, to demonstrate acceptable school attendance. To verify school attendance, please bring the “MVA Verification” form (see attachment below) to Mr. Kevin Dobbins, Attendance Coordinator, in the Attendance Office.




 If you need help with your Naviance log-in, please see your counselor or visit the College Advising Office.




If you need help with accessing Managebac, please see your course teacher or school counselor.




BCC Service Learning Handbook.pdf

Change of Address Form.pdf

Minor Work Permit Fact Sheet.pdf

MVA Learner_s Permit Verification.pdf

Transcript Request 1997-2015.pdf

bottom of page